Download and install or reinstall Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013 on your PC
Your page description goes here!
Step 1 – First time install: redeem Office and associate it with a Microsoft account
Before you install your copy of Office for the first time, you need to redeem it. The way you redeem Office depends on how you got it.
Step 2 – Install or reinstall Office from My Office Account
NOTE This step assumes you’ve already redeemed your product key and associated Office with a Microsoft account. If you haven’t already done that, see Step 1 – First time install: redeem Office and associate it with a Microsoft account.
- From the My Office Account page, select Install. (If you’re not already signed in to My Office Account, go towww.office.com/myaccount and on the sign in page, enter your Microsoft account which is the email address and password associated with your copy of Office.)IMPORTANT If you sign in with a different email address and password, the My Account page will tell you this account isn’t associated with any Office products. Sign out and then resign in with the Microsoft account associated with your Office 365 subscription or your copy of Office 2016 or Office 2013. This is the account you used when you set up Office in Step 1 – First time install: redeem Office and associate it with a Microsoft account.
- In the Install Information section, select Install.By default, this will install the 32-bit version of Office on your PC using the language you selected when you redeemed the product. If you want to install the 64-bit version, change your language, or choose other options, see the section below, Custom install options.TIP If the Install button is greyed out or isn’t working, see Install button doesn’t install Office.
- Depending on your browser, go to the install pop up that appears and click Run (in Internet Explorer), Setup(in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).IMPORTANT If you’re installing Office 2016 and you get a “Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016”message do the following:
- Click Yes to start installing. During the download process, you can watch a video to learn more about Office.
- When you see “You’re good to go”, choose All done.TIP After installing, you can start to use your Office applications. If you can’t find the applications, learn how to find the Office applications that you just installed.
I received an error during the install
- If you got an error message while trying to install Office and it has a Learn More link, select it to get information on how to troubleshoot the problem.
- If there wasn’t a link and you’re still having trouble, there could be a problem with your Internet connection. Try installing Office offline. Select the offline install steps for your product:
- If none of these solutions worked, see Troubleshoot installing Office and Office 365 for additional options.
Custom install options
Use the table below to see what custom Office install options are available for your Office product and how to install it.